Data Protection Laws
We have to comply with the EU (European Union) General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 when processing personal information about you.
We are committed to protecting your personal information and respecting your privacy.
This policy explains about the personal information that we collect from you, use and otherwise process in connection with your relationship with Value Line as a customer or potential customer. In particular, we explain the kinds of personal information that we collect from you, how we collect it, what we use it for and with whom we may share your personal information. By “personal information” we mean information about you from which you are, or could be, identified and includes information such as your name, location data and an online identifier.
Categories of Information We Collect
We collect personal information from you such as your name, contact details, purchase history, information about how you use our services and about how you use our website at www.valueline.com, www.valuelinepro.com, and www.valuelinelibrary.com (Website) and call centers. This may include information that you provide to us directly or through companies or agents we work with, as well as information which we collect from and about you when you use our services.
How We Collect Your Information
We collect personal information about you whenever you use our services or buy our products (whether such services or products are provided directly by us or by other companies or agents acting on our behalf), or when you use our Website or contact our call centers.
Why We Collect Your Information
We use your personal information to conduct our business and to provide you with the best possible services.
We also use your personal information to:
- communicate with you about other services you have asked us to provide;
- provide you with marketing offers from us;
- improve our services; and
- comply with our security and legal obligations.
Who Else May Have Access to Your Information
To best serve you, we may share your personal information with service providers that provide support services to us or that help us market our products and services. Service providers are third parties which perform services on our behalf. They are contractually restricted from using your personal information in any manner other than in helping us to provide you with the products and services available from Value Line.
We may also disclose your personal information to a third party when you ask us to do so or when we believe it is required by law.
Government Requests for Patron Data
Value Line serves individuals, professionals and businesses, libraries and through libraries their users (all the preceding collectively our “patrons”). As a general rule, Value Line will not make personal information collected from patrons’ using our services available to anyone outside of Value Line and firms that help us to provide our services to you, except as instructed by you or where required to comply with law, court orders, or legal investigations. With respect to such service providers, Value Line requires under their contracts that all personal information be kept confidential, and we take reasonable steps to ensure that third parties receiving information about you at your request maintain the confidentiality of that information.
Countries Having Access to Your Information
Value Line stores all data in the United States of America.
Collecting Your PERSONAL Information Legally
We are able to legally collect and use your personal information either because:
• you have provided us with your consent to do so as explained above;
• we are required to do so in order to comply with a United States or an EU legal obligation or to enforce our rights and defend claims; and/or
• collecting and using your personal information is necessary for us to:
(a) process any purchases made by you via our Website; or
(b) carry out our legitimate business interests in order to carry out any requests or orders made by you via our Website.
You have the right to:
- obtain confirmation from us that your personal information is being collected and used by us and to access the personal information held about you by us;
- have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete at any time;
- erasure, or the right to be forgotten, which means that you can request the deletion or removal of any personal information we hold about you at any time, understanding this may prevent us from providing Value Line services to you;
- block or suppress us collecting and using your personal information, which means we can continue to store your personal information but we cannot further collect or use it in any way;
- obtain and reuse any personal information we hold about you for your own purposes across different services, which allows you to move, copy or transfer your personal information easily from Value Line to another place notified by you to us in a safe and secure way without hindrance to the usability of your personal information; and
- object to us collecting or using your personal information where this is based on:
(a) a legitimate interest or the performance of a task in the public interest; or
(b) direct marketing.
To make any requests as listed above, please contact us at email@example.com.
We will confirm any requests relating to your rights above within one month of receipt of your request, or within two months of receipt of your request where your request is more complex.
Withdrawal of Your Consent
You can tell us to stop collecting and using your personal information at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you tell us to stop collecting and using your personal information, the consequences of doing so are that:
• you will be unable to make a purchase through our Website;
• we will be unable to update you on our promotions and product news;
• we will be unable to provide you with the best user experience possible to our Website; and
• we will generally be unable to provide you with the customer experience which we would like to provide you with.
If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 16 years of age, please contact us at email@example.com.
Links to Other Websites and Services
Your Information, Your Choice
To update us with your information-sharing preferences, you may contact us using one of the following methods:
• Call: +1 212 907-1825;
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; or
• Mail your request to: DPO, Value Line, 551 Fifth Avenue, 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10176.
We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to potential risks, including:
• the pseudonymisation and encryption of your personal information where appropriate;
• ensuring ongoing confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of processing systems and services;
• ensuring we can restore access to personal information in a timely manner if a physical or technical incident occurs; and
• regular testing, assessment and evaluation of the effectiveness of our technical and organizational measures to ensure your personal information is secure.
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of personal information transmitted to us using our Website. We do not store any credit card information on our servers. Please note that email is not encrypted and is not considered to be a secure means of transmitting credit card information.
This policy replaces all previous disclosures we may have provided you about our information practices and is effective on the date noted at the start of this policy. We reserve the right to change this policy, and to apply any changes to information previously collected, as permitted or otherwise required by law. If there are material changes to this policy or our information practices change in the future, we will notify you by posting the policy changes on our w Website.
Making a Complaint
We pride ourselves on excellent customer service, but if you would like to make a complaint about the way we have collected or used your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com or by any of the other mechanisms stated above.
Last modified: July 2018