StoneMor Partners (STON) is a master limited partnership funeral services provider that manages over 275 cemeteries and more than 90 funeral homes in the United States and Puerto Rico. It participates in the sales of burial plots, lawn and mausoleum crypts, cremation services, caskets, and funeral services, on a pre-need and at-need basis.
Recent News and Analysis
- Anadarko Petroleum - News Of An Unfavorable Legal Ruling Spooks Investors; Shares Fall
- Texas Inds. - Shares Gain On News That The Company Is Up For Sale
- Adobe Systems - Reports Better-Than-Expected Fiscal Fourth-Quarter Results; Stock Rallies
- Sigma Designs - Stock Slides On Lackluster Third-Quarter Report
- UNS Energy - Agrees To Be Acquired By Canadian Utility Fortis
- lululemon athletica - Reports Decent October-Period Results, But Shares Decline On Weak Fourth-Quarter Guidance
- MasterCard Inc. - Announces Dividend Hike and 10-for-1 Split; Shares Rise
- Scripps Networks / Discovery Communic. - Buyout Rumors Give Shares A Lift
This article touches on the importance of having an understanding of balance sheet considerations when investing, particularly during tougher economic times. We describe Value Line’s Financial Strength ratings system, and list the main factors that determine individual categories. We also note some of the different capital structures among industries.
The Newspaper Industry is comprised of a diverse group of media companies. Many of its members' mainstay gazettes have long publishing histories and names recognized in households across the country. Still, the companies in this mature industry have shifted their focus away from traditional core products, i.e., dailies and weeklies, in order to keep up with the changing media landscape.