There have been many noteworthy developments in the restaurant space recently. Some of these will likely have a material impact on the companies in the sector and the markets they serve.
Recent News and Analysis
- Analogic Corp. - Revised Guidance Weighs On Stock
- Safeway Inc. - Shares Dip On News Of Acquisition Agreement
- Korn/Ferry Int'l - Fiscal Third-Quarter Results Underpin Further Share-Price Momentum
- Skullcandy, Inc. - Favorable Guidance Sends Shares Significantly Higher
- Big Lots Inc. - Investors Happy With Guidance; Shares Rally
- Stage Stores - Shares Rise Following Fourth-Quarter Earnings Report; Investors Take Note Of Off-Priced Unit Sale
- BJ's Restaurants - Investors Appear Pleased With Upcoming Board Nominations; Shares Rise
- Staples, Inc. - Shares Plunge On Disappointing Fourth-Quarter Results
This article touches on the importance of having an understanding of balance sheet considerations when investing, particularly during tougher economic times. We describe Value Line’s Financial Strength ratings system, and list the main factors that determine individual categories. We also note some of the different capital structures among industries.
The Medical Supplies Industry is essentially a growth industry. Value Line divides the group into Medical Supplies Invasive and Medical Supplies Non Invasive. Medical Supplies companies manufacture and distribute a broad range of items, from surgical and dental instruments to elective laser surgery equipment to orthopedic products. The two major classes of customers served are hospitals and doctors offices.