Recent News and Analysis
- Valeant Pharm. Int'l - Purchase Of Bausch & Lomb Rumored; Shares Jump
- Abercrombie & Fitch - Reports Weaker-Than-Expected April-Quarter Results; Stock Falls
- Sears Holdings - April-Period Results Disappoint; Shares Tumble
- rue21, inc. - News Of Takeover Offer Lifts Stock
- Cirrus Logic - Stock Slides On Reduced Guidance
- Pacific Sunwear - Improved Outlook Fuels Share-Price Rally
- Hewlett-Packard - Shares Set New 52-Week High On April-Period Results
- Zale Corp. - April-Quarter Results Top Expectations; Stock Soars
This article touches on the importance of having an understanding of balance sheet considerations when investing, particularly during tougher economic times. We describe Value Line’s Financial Strength ratings system, and list the main factors that determine individual categories. We also note some of the different capital structures among industries.
The Aerospace/Defense Industry serves, as its name represents, two main markets: Aerospace, which largely comprises the production, sale, and service of commercial aircraft. And Defense, which is dependent on the nation's need for military weapons and systems designed to operate on land, sea, and in the air. Also included in this industry is the production of general aircraft (mostly for business use) and space vehicles, usually satellites, for both military and commercial use.