Recent News and Analysis
- Monro Muffler Brake - Favorable Guidance For The New Fiscal Year Sparks A Share-Price Rally
- Home Depot - April-Period Results Top Estimates; Shares Climb
- JPMorgan Chase - Shareholder Votes Are In. Jaime Dimon To Retain Dual Roles
- Warner Chilcott plc / Actavis, Inc. - Warner Agrees To Be Acquired By Actavis For $8.5 Billion
- XENOPORT, INC. - Discontinuing Development Of Multiple Sclerosis Drug; Shares Decline
- Websense Inc. - Agrees To Be Acquired For Roughly $1 Billion
- Yahoo! Inc. - Agrees To Acquire Tumblr For $1.1 Billion
- ViaSat, Inc. - New Contracts Result In Fiscal Fourth-Quarter Gain; Stock Advances
This article touches on the importance of having an understanding of balance sheet considerations when investing, particularly during tougher economic times. We describe Value Line’s Financial Strength ratings system, and list the main factors that determine individual categories. We also note some of the different capital structures among industries.
The Natural Gas Utility Industry includes domestic companies that provide distribution service to residential, commercial and industrial customers. Natural Gas Utilities are subject to economic, weather and regulatory risks. On balance this mature sector, delivering an essential service, produces steady, annual, low single-digit revenue growth and mid single-digit share-net advances.